Friday, June 17, 2005

I have the skills of a superhero

I was napping on my couch when someone knocked on my door. In my confusion, I stumbled and walked into a doorframe. I actually have no idea which door frame I hit. In fact, all I know is that I was stumbling and staggering towards the door and my head connected with a hard object along the way.

My landlord was on the other side of the door, and to keep up with the status quo, he only comes to see me when I am at my absolute worst state. There I am, trying to have a french conversation with someone who has the thickest spanish (?) accent I have ever heard, while wondering if I had blood trickling down the side of my face.

Back on the couch, safe from my landlord, I dared to touch my forehead and not only is half of it tender, but there is a bump. A big bump. One that will no doubt be colourful by the day's end.

Ice packs are no use... I have no choice but to show up to work this evening with a bump on my head.

The worst part of this whole thing is, is that all I can think about is the girl I saw walking down St. Laurent in a helmet. I made fun of her at the time, as anyone would have done, but now I see that she had the right idea all along.

Actually, the fact that I have done something similar to this a few years ago, might just be the worst thing. Another head-doorframe incident, but that time, I blacked out. If only I blacked out today... it would be a grea excuse to get out of work.

Damn me and my inability to learn from previous mistakes.

No comments: