Thursday, March 31, 2005

Books, Plays and Dog Poop

I received this game of tag from a fellow Montreal blogger and have modified it to suit my own personal needs. I read plays far more than I read books. This is a good explanation for why my life seems so scripted sometimes...

How many books do you read a year?
I read about five last year. I read more plays than I can count though.

What is the last book you bought?
"Villa Incognito". Gotta love blunt, sarcastic wit. The last play I bought was Edward Albee's "The Goat... or who is Sylvia". I am Albee obsessed. I want to direct every play he has ever written.

What is the last book you read?
"Orlando" by Virginia Woolf. The book appears to be quite the inside joke between her and another writer friend of hers. Reading it made me feel like I am part of their world, whatever the world might have been. The last play I read was "White Biting Dog" by Judith Thompson. I just got cast in a role from that play and dammit it is the role I was born to play. Cliché? Very.

List 5 books that mean a lot to you or that you particularly enjoyed.
- "Oryx and Crake" by Margaret Atwood.
- "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel.
- "The Bonfire of the Vanities" by Tom Wolfe.
- "Matilda" by Roald Dahl.
- "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" by Milan Kundera.
...
- "The Zoo Story" by Edward Albee.
- "The Respectable Wedding" by Bertolt Brecht.
- "Departures and Arrivals" by Carol Shields.
- "The Invisibility of Eileen" by Kit Brennan.
- "Wit" by Margaret Edson. When I am older, I must play the lead role. I must.

Who will you pass this on to? (3 bloggers)
Uhm... do I have to? I hate these games. I'm too selfish. I want to keep this for myself.

On a side note... Everyone in Montreal seems to be blogging about the stench of dog poo that defines the beginning of spring time. Well noone has the right to complain anymore because I live on a huge motherfucking hill. The dog shit must have slid down with the melting snow because the bottom of my hill is vomit inducing. Beat that.

1 comment:

seventhsprite said...

No, but I saw it in Ottawa back in November... my old stomping grounds. They did an amazing job of it.